Sunday, May 1, 2011

Timeless & Beautiful Princess

Like most people, who wouldn't admit it, I spent the whole of Friday bunking work and watching with anticipation, the royal wedding of William & Kate.

I didn't expect it to be much different from Diana's wedding day, so I was surprised to see how modern it was. From the trees in Westminster Abbey to the celeb guestlist, her tiny bouquet, two smooches on the balcony and most of all her modest and timeless gown.

Every royal bride from the sixties onwards has always worn the most HIDEOUS dresses. No disrespect but what was Diana thinking when she emersed herself in that marshmallow of a dress? It is the same with Princess Anne. She wore a sixties inspired, sorcerer sleeved, high necked disaster. And Fergies disney princess meringue, embroidered with thistles and anchors and bees. There are no words for those "gowns".

I think Kate is the most stylish and elegant bride since Grace Kelly. And to break tradition, once more, she changed into another Sarah Burton creation. Also simple and stunning. I should have placed bets on the designer. I knew she would choose McQueen. I could be rich by now!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment doll!