Tuesday, June 7, 2011

YES! woman

Sometimes I feel like I am far too old for my age. My mind is so decrepit from all the stress and worry and responsibility over the years that I feel like I lost myself, my sense of freedom and spontaneity. Basically I say NO to things a lot. I get a kick out of watching that movie ‘Yes Man’. He’s pretty much like me or who I am right now.

Yesterday my mad friend Hamilton, who is my other half, insisted I come skateboard with her. I am 23 years old and I have not stood on a thin wooden plank since the age of twelve. I also am extremely accident prone and am known for breaking toes quite often and walking into walls, lamp posts, the such.  So when she cooked up this idea that she wanted to learn how to skateboard I was rather skeptical to say the least.

Hamilton on a skateboard [sigh] Hamilton, at the best of times, is not even that good at standing up or walking in a straight line.

Anyhow we got on the boards, bums down and went down the treacherous camps bay hills. I screamed like a banshee, it was the most fun I’ve had in ages, I discovered that I have pretty good balance, I only bailed three times. Hamilton is such a mod, she looked gorgeous skating around, hair flowing in the wind. It was hilarious and short lived. Mr Ian came down to show us how it was done, he’s legend.
I have decided that that is how I want to end my depressing day job off. I got such a rush from the speed.  This week I am going to say yes to as many opportunities as possible.
Yes man!

PS Thanks Al :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment doll!