Monday, August 29, 2011

My Bucket List



1. Start my own magazine.

2. Travel to Naples, Italy and find my heritage. It's one of my greatest dreams. I would also love to live there and pretend to be Italian, eat pasta, drink vino and shout at people for no reason.

3. I want to have my own column that women look forward to reading every month; whether it makes them laugh or cry, I would like them to feel like they can relate.

4. I want to be the person who researches stories and writes them on Carte Blanche.

5. Own a Beetle. I don't care if they are unreliable; I want to drive up the coast in one, hair flowing out the window, singing along to my favourite tunes.

6. Take a trip to Paris with my mom. I would just like to see her face when she looks at the Eiffel Tower. I know that would make her so happy.

7. See Paramore, Muse, No Doubt, Adele, Foo Fighters, Coheed & Cambria, Metric, perform live.

8. Spend three months in Santorini, Greece doing nothing but eating great food, swimming in the ocean and relaxing.

9. Write a novel.

10. Publish a novel.

11. Break a huge news story and follow through with it.

12. Live in Cape St Francis or Jeffrey's Bay while I am young, surf and swim all day, eat chip burgers and sleep in the sun.

13. Visit Versailles.

14. See the pyramids in Egypt.

15. Spend a day on a nudist beach wearing nothing at all.

16. Swim with a whale.

17. Go river rafting.

18. Paint on a HUGE canvas.

19. Explore Africa.

20. Learn to play drums.

21. Perform one of my favourite songs on stage.

22. Have a wild night in Vegas.

23. Take some of my life savings and do something good and charitable with it.

24. Take a family portrait. This sounds easy, but my family is huge and some of them are all over the world.

25. Quit smoking ... forever.

26. Attend a party at the Playboy Mansion.

27. Get barreled.

28. Ride a HUGE wave.

29. Forgive my father.

30. Make up with the person who broke my heart.

31. Go on a road trip with Al and George, with no responsibilities and do anything and everything spontaneously.

32. Have a paint fight with all my friends.

33. Have a street cricket tournament with the gingies and Herschelle Gibbs.

34. Hug Nelson Mandela.

35. Crowd surf at a big concert.

36. Find the perfect fitting jeans.

37. Own a real Chanel handbag.

38. Start a designer T-shirt line.

40. Start a mass dance move in a club.

41. Learn to pole dance.

42. Lose ten kilos and keep it off.

43. Read all the greatest novels ever written.

44. Build a house.

45. Ride in a gondola through Venice.

46. Visit the Sistine Chapel.

47. Start my own business and make a success of it.

48. Get married: I know it sounds weird, but at some point, I just want to get hitched and live simply. I am not interested in being classed as 'in a relationship' for the rest of my life. I want that commitment. I want to be somebody's wife.

49. Ride a horse through a meadow, sounds lame but it must feel exhilarating.  

50. Learn to make real Italian pasta.

51. Conquer my fear of heights by getting to the top of Lion's Head.

52. Run a marathon. I love running.

53. Ride in a hot air balloon.

54. Have a huge popcorn fight in a movie house.

55. Spend a summer with George in Cape Town.

56. Go on a ridiculous shopping spree with my whole family.

57. Have a seriously unforgettable, rocking house party.

58. Go to Spain with Ian.

59. Travel to Bali, again, with Ian and stay for a month on the beach, eat nasi goreng, drink fresh juices and surf at Padang, Padang.

60. Buy my own island.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment doll!