Monday, November 28, 2011

Mr & Ms by Catherine Nebe


Some time ago I worked, for a very short period of time, as a production assistant to Catherine Nebe.
It was hectic! I really got a taste for what it is like to put a collection into production. Catherine was very kind and patient at teaching me the ropes and I found her to be incredibly meticulous and inspiring.

Not long after she started her own label, Mr and Ms.

Mr and Ms is about individual expression and is not about chasing current trends, but rather, taking inspiration from beautifully designed clothing from the past and applying that inspiration into today’s context.

Mr and Ms specializes in well-made and well-fitted apparel with a touch of vintage individuality to compliment the classic style and beauty.

Catherine was born and raised in Cape Town and began her formal training with a qualification in Fashion Design and Pattern Making. She travelled around Europe gathering inspiration. This combined with over five years of practical production experience, at some of the fashion industry’s leading design labels has culminated in Mr and Ms, the realisation of a dream.

“Mr and Ms is my own creation. My focus is on design for the individual. Acute attention to detail at every stage is crucial to me. So I have deliberately held back on growing my brand beyond what I can maintain. I pride myself on the fact that each item is a special creation.” Catherine Nebe

You can find her clothing at the Bay Harbour Market every weekend in Hout Bay.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment doll!