Monday, December 12, 2011

Fash Advice : DIY

Never underestimate the power of a pair of well fitting pants. Whether they are jeans or trousers.

I recently bought a jumpsuit from the Woolworths Studio Collection. The bottom half of the suit did wonders for my hips and thighs. So much so that I went to buy another jumpsuit so I could cut the top half off the one I already have.

It sounds insane but when you find something in the most divine fabric and perfect cut you have to figure out a way to make them last and work their magic on your body. There has been many a time where I have discovered the shirt/top/blouse of my dreams, worn it for years and when it's at the point of throwing out I cut it up to make a pattern to sew a new one.

This sounds really difficult and potentially disasterous. If you are unsure of how to do it yourself take it to a tailor with your choice of material (always buy more than is needed for piping and mishaps) and have them make a replica.

You often won't find the same garment twice. I have done this with dresses, jeans and plenty of tops.
Always buy two of  something you LOVE. Chances are you'll regret it if you don't.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment doll!