Monday, December 19, 2011

Manic Monday

You know it's the holiday's when;

* The whole of Ed Hardy/Jean Pant Criminal/ Vaalie land comes to Cape Town.
* Camps Bay beach looks tacky.
* You find yourself singing Christmas jingles even though you weren't listening to any.
* Your Christmas bonus goes "poof" thanks to all the gift shopping.
* You get a boere burn on your driving arm from sitting in traffic to get to the beach.

I went to Makro to buy my brother a gift for Christmas (don't ask) and there are some super freaks wandering around, much like those infamous "People of Walmart" with giant trolleys full of gross food, massive jars of mayonaise and bags of chicken. Ew. Also, people have no trolley etiquette. They will just sommer knock you down on their rush towards the foot long chocolate bar specials. Everytime I go to one of those places I can't help thinking about that movie "Employee of the Month", I always wonder if the staff are actually like that.

I seriously wish I had gotten out of Cape Town before this madness. Alas, I am working from 9am - 12pm 5 days a week for 3 weeks. Kill me. I really need the money, you know, to feed myself and pay the dreaded rent.

Anyway, I sincerely hope you are all having a fab holiday, somewhere along the coast with your family and friends. There will plenty of posts coming up about my weird and wonderful family, full reviews.

Cheers for now.
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment doll!