Thursday, June 7, 2012

2012 Matric Dance Looks

Matric Dance Look 1


Matric Dance Look 2



Matric Dance Look 3


I remember my Matric Dance like it was yesterday, considering it was six years ago my memory still serves me well.
I was given a R1000.00 budget for the whole look which threw a spanner in the works for my grecian goddess inspired look.
My mom took me to the Hip Hop Factory shop in town, the selection was pretty small and sad but with that budget I had very little choice. I found two dresses I liked both under R500.00. One was a body hugging black lace number with cap sleeves and when I think about it now it's the one I should have bought. It fit me beautifully and back then I had the figure for it thanks to weekly waterpolo training sessions and athletics.

The other dress that caught my eye was a black gown, A line with a full skirt and sequin straps. It made me feel like a gothic princess completely opposite to what I had imagined I would look like for the dance. I chose that dress in the end.

Next were shoes and straight to Garden's Centre we went, I found a pair of leather bronze peeptoes which I still have today because they go with everything and are the comfiest heels to dance in. I got those for  R300.00
I found a second hand prussian blue metallic clutch from the sixties at a market for R50.00 and Peacock feather earrings for R20.00.
The rest of the money I spent on my friend doing my make-up which I ended up taking off because it was so hideous and my hair was a freaking disaster because I had some cock eyed idea that I was Courtney Love.
All in all the look was a disaster when I think about it now. However each peice I bought is stunning in it's own right, they just didn't work well together.
While you're shopping for your Matric Dance make sure you have your ideas written down, draw them even, so that you don't get distracted by other pretty things. Make sure the gown/dress fits you perfectly.
Understated chic is always the way to go if you want to look back fondly at your photos.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment doll!