Thursday, August 23, 2012

AMAZEballs Meat Ball Recipe


Here’s something you might not know about me, I’m not much of a meat eater. Of course I’m far too lazy to be an actual vegetarian and I do indulge in crispy bacon and of course our national past time, braaing.
I have weird rules about meat too; I don’t mix meats, so I won’t eat chicken and bacon together or beef and chicken, and I will fuck not eat an animal’s tongue (still can’t get my head around that).

But I do love mice pasta’s and mince curries and MEATBALLS! Depending on how you squish them into balls they can make any meal. Spaghetti and meatballs, Mini burgers but most of the time I just eat them as they are with a crispy salad.

Here’s how to make my healthy and AMAZEballs meatballs:
Ingredients

·        One egg

·        One red onion

·        Two teaspoons of finely chopped garlic

·        Salt  & pepper

·        One heaped teaspoon of tomato paste

·        Lean beef mince

·        Italian herbs spice

·        Peri Peri spice

·        2 table spoons of Olive/Sunflower oil

Le Ingredients

Step 1:

Break up the mince into a dish that’s wide enough to get messy so it’s not slopping over the edges. Finely chop half a red onion (add more onion if you have a lot of mince) gooi this into the broken up mince. Add 2 teaspoons of finely chopped garlic and a heaped teaspoon of tomato paste.
 
Mince broken up with garlic & red onion in a beeeg dish.
Step 2:
Break one egg into a separate bowl. Add your spices to taste. I love the aroma of Italian herbs and the bite of Peri Peri. Sprinkle salt and pepper into the bowl. Whisk that eggy up and pour it over the mince.
Eggy with spices, salt & pepper. Now whisk it!

Step 3:
This is where it gets messy, I don’t like touching meat (yes, I’m a closet veggie) squish the contents of the dish with your hands or a spoon until it’s evenly coated with egg and the other ingredients. Measure out a heaped table spoon of mince into your hand and mould it into a sort of roundish burger patty, except smaller. I prefer them to be bite size but you can make whoppers!

Step 4:
Measure out two table spoons of oil into your pan; make sure the oil is hot before you place the balls/patties in the pan. Let the side of the ball/patty in the oil cook before turning it over. This stops them from falling apart.

They take 2/3 minutes to cook depending on how you like them done.
Et voila! To be munched with All Gold tomato sauce and a glass of vino J
Nom Nom Nom

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment doll!